The Special Education Spotlight December 2022 The OES Special Education Committee is your direct link between our school’s Special Education/IEP community, PTA, students and families; and the diverse special education offerings of our local area. …
The time has come to start auditioning for various aspects of the OES Variety Show! We are looking to have you showcase your skills as an MC, join our amazing Stage/Tech crew, or showcase your individual talents*. …
The Special Education Spotlight
The OES Special Education Committee is your direct link between our
school’s Special Education/IEP community, PTA, students and
families; and the diverse special education offerings of our local area.
Each month we post updated information regarding Special Education
opportunities on the OES Special Education website page. There, you
will find newly offered webinars and workshops providing useful tips
and suggestions for parents navigating a variety of issues. CLICK
HERE to access December’s update of important information,
(beneficial to ALL families!); and be sure to visit our OES PTA website
regularly for new and ongoing information regarding Special
If you are new to OES, seek additional information about Special
Education and wish to establish connections with others at our school;
or if you are interested in joining our committee, (all are welcome!),
we encourage you to contact our Special Education Liaisons,
Andrea Zuppas and Maren Wood at email@example.com.
The time has come to start auditioning for various aspects of the OES Variety Show! We are looking to have you showcase your skills as an MC, join our amazing Stage/Tech crew, or showcase your individual talents*.
*Please read this important note on individual act auditions. Individual acts are those that are parent and/or student lead acts. This does not mean that they are acts that include only 1 student. They may be a group of students but are not led by one of the variety show teachers. Example: if your student and their five friends have an idea for an act, they must audition as an individual act. Signups for the teacher-led group acts will be out later in January.
YOU MUST SIGN UP TO AUDITION. PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL THE IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW!
Mandatory Rehearsal Dates: March 13th, 14th, 15th @ 4-6:00 p.m.
Note: If you are participating in the Variety Show, you must be able to make these mandatory rehearsals and the performance times below. Prior to these final mandatory rehearsals, rehearsals for individual and group acts, MCs, and Stage/Tech crew will be scheduled. Look for announcements for these rehearsals which will begin the third week in January.
Performance Dates: March 16th and 17th @ 7:00 p.m.
Auditions: December 6th, 7th, 8th
December 6th - MC’s and Stage/Tech Crew (6th Grade Only)
December 7th and 8th - Individual Acts
- WHAT IS EXPECTED: Auditions are to give the variety show organizers a good “snippet” of what you plan to present during the show. You should have chosen your performance, music, performers, etc. We understand that at this point your act may not be polished and show-ready, and that is ok.
- PRIOR TO AUDITIONING: You MUST FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM PRIOR TO YOUR AUDITION DATE (link to google form below.)
- On the afternoon of your auditions, DO NOT LEAVE THE CAMPUS. Once you are checked in, do not leave the auditorium until you have completed your audition.
- Parents must pick up their children IMMEDIATELY following your child(s) audition as there will be no childcare provided.
- We will notify you by email on or before December 16th if you have been selected as an MC or individual act. If you have not been selected, we would love to see you audition in another act or have you join a group act/tech crew.
- Note: Variety Show Teacher-Led Group Acts signup will be released on Jan 2.
- Rehearsal schedule will be posted beginning the third week of January!
LINK TO IMPORTANT FORMS AND INFORMATION:
Link to Audition Google Form: HERE
Emcee Audition Script: HERE
SIGN UP FOR AUDITION SLOTS: HERE
If you have any questions, please contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202)423-4367
Classroom Dues – Please return your classroom dues as soon as possible. Envelopes went home in Tuesday Folders the first week of November.
Lost & Found – Claim your lost items ASAP! Coats still in the lost found as of Nov 30th will be donated to the Schoolwide Coat Drive. All other items remaining as of Dec 14 will be donated before the Winter Break. Pictures attached.
Variety Show – Auditions set for Dec 6, 7 and 8. Sign-ups coming soon! Get your acts together now!
PTA Student Directory – Confirm your contact information for the Student Directory here: https://oaktonpta.membershiptoolkit.com/home. The Student Directory is your online resource for finding classmates’ email information for playdates and more! Make sure your info is confirmed.
Inclusive Schools Week – December 5-9
WINTER PJ BINGO – December 9
Chipotle – Dining for Dollars December 12